Hey Antti,

thanks a lot for the input... yes, I saw that one... exactly 1220. I
think obsd would just run "out of the box"

Unfortunately the IT department boss here is one of those people who
uses linux and feels cool doing it because it's not windows

She's got the last word and it's going to be a debian :(

Well, at least they cannot touch my laptop... I'm going to order now
the cds for obsd 4.1

Thanks for everything,

Pau Amaro-Seoane

2007/4/13, Antti Harri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Joachim Schipper wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:20:07AM +0200, Vim Visual wrote:
[snip]
>> I forgot to give details,
>> sorry. It's an Areca Raid Controller arc-1220
>
> Well, arc(4) suggests that a lot of similar controllers are supported;
[snip]

Well if I'm not missing something obvious.. It doesn't support just
similar but exactly 1220:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=arc&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

-   ARC-1220 PCI Express 8 Port SATA RAID Controller

--
Antti Harri