Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2007/05/22 15:50, Renaud Allard wrote:
>> Stuart Henderson wrote:
>
> You wouldn't need spamd on the address of a send-only instance..
> (if mail's only submitted on 587/465 or from known address ranges, it
> could just RST port 25 to the rest of the world).

Good point :)

>> Also, MS exchange servers don't like 4xx errors at DATA time and may
>> forbid the mail from being delivered until the exchange instance is
>> restarted. I know this is also a bug in Exchange, but many people use it.
>
> Yeuch... I didn't know about that. Found it here (needs user-agent:
> googlebot) - http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/95332/95332.html

I have only seen this when the 4xx error is sent at DATA time, not when
sent at RCPT TO.

> How about: --i-dont-want-to-receive-mail-from-people-using-exchange-2003
> and --i-dont-want-to-receive-mail-from-people-using-callout-verification

Those are the default flags indeed.

> I think a better solution would be for *more* people to use greylisting
> implementations which do this, so that more MSexchange users will either
> bother Microsoft to fix their bug, or script 'net stop smtpsvc;net start
> smtpsvc' to run a few times a day so they can send mail to others too.

Most of the time with people running exchange, they don't care and don't
have a clue about what happens and argue that _your_ server is broken
because they don't have problems elsewhere.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]