On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:16:31AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Quoting Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> >routed is an old RIP daemon. you almost certainly don't want it.
>
> Do you know of any other way to publish/learn RIPv1 advertisements ?
> I wish ripd would deal with this, but it seems that it doesn't.

Who is sending you RIPv1 packets? RIPv1 does not even support CIDR
addressing so you should better switch to RIPv2.
Btw. when you use routed you need to either remove the 224/4 blackhole
route or better add a host route to 224.0.0.9 like
route add 224.0.0.9 127.0.0.1
ripd does this for you but routed most probably not.
--
:wq Claudio