On 6/12/07, Soner Tari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Probably a simple shell script could do the job, which would look at
SpamAssassin logs to find out the spam score and IP address, and insert
into spamd blacklists as necessary. The only caveat is that threshold
spam score for blacklisting should be kept very high to prevent
inserting false positives into spamd blacklist.

In my experience spamd is very successful, but SpamAssassin catches some
spam e-mails that spamd misses occasionally. (After all, OpenBSD
maillists also use both, see http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the OP's point was missed
in the other replies. I also would like to know what people at misc@
think about such a scheme.

I think you summed it up; no modifications to spamd are necessary,
your post-spamd filters can modify blacklists directly with a little
ingenuity and some script-fu. Remember, it's unix. Modular. Pieces.
Simplicity.

DS