From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Raimo Niskanen
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:22 AM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Troubleshooting PCMCIA modem 3Com 3CXM756

Hi all!

I have an old laptop on whith I want to use ppp
to connect to Internet, using a PCMCIA modem
3Com 3CXM756 "Global GSM & Cellular Modem PC Card"

First, I _think_ it shows up as /dev/cua03. In
dmsg it pops up as device pccom3, and when trying
with tip it appears that while the card is in
it fails as described below, while the card is
out it fails with "device not configured".

Nevertheless. ppp, minicom and tip all try to
send AT commands but get no responses, as
it appears. I do not see any logs, almost.
ppp says it does ATZ^M and waits for OK
which does not happen. minicom and tip
try to dial and say it fails.

Have you got any tip on how to troubleshoot this
card, or does anyone know this card is a dead end
and can name a proper serial line, USB or PCMCIA
modem that is known to work?