Joachim Schipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You are mounting the wrong device; try /dev/cd0a.

Ah, I tried that earlier, this is what I get.:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/public_html/bbb$ sudo mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom
  mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0a on /mnt/cdrom: Device not configured
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/public_html/bbb$ sudo mount -t udf /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom
  mount_udf: open: Device not configured
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/public_html/bbb$

Disklabel shows only one big partition:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo disklabel cd0
  # /dev/rcd0c:
  type: ATAPI
  disk: ATAPI CD-ROM
  label: fictitious
  flags:
  bytes/sector: 2048
  sectors/track: 100
  tracks/cylinder: 1
  sectors/cylinder: 100
  cylinders: 4001
  total sectors: 400000
  rpm: 300
  interleave: 1
  trackskew: 0
  cylinderskew: 0
  headswitch: 0           # microseconds
  track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
  drivedata: 0

  3 partitions:
  #             size        offset  fstype [fsize bsize  cpg]
    c:        400000             0  unused      0     0      # Cyl     0
  -  3999

On a whim, I put in a totally blank disc, and disklabel gave the same
output.  So it would appear that the problem is that the hardware
and/or driver are not able to recognize the disk?

What can I do to help debug this?

--
Sincerely, Craig Brozefsky              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
what a klon  - neko           http://www.red-bean.com/~craig