Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2007/06/22 12:15, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2007/06/22 09:59, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
i am trying to get my new WRAP board to boot via pxe. pxeboot loads fine but seems to stall at the point where memory should be probed.
enable the serial console in $TFTPROOT/etc/boot.conf.
I tried that, but the WRAP does not even try to access etc/boot.conf at this time (according to tcpdump(1) on the server). Also, pxeboot hangs in the middle of the "probing:..." line.

Try a new etherboot from rom-o-matic.net then, you'll need to piece
it together with the files from wbios11.zip on pcengines.ch and xmodem
it across. You'll need to use the options detailed in README.TXT in
rom-o-matic (they're in a different order to listed now, the console
ones are at the bottom of the web page).

I have successfully booted pxeboot from 4.1 on a WRAP.1E with
Etherboot 5.4.3

I have updated Etherboot to 5.4.3 and i can now boot bsd.rd, but only after appending 2 dummy bytes to pxeboot (saw this somewhere on the net).

Thanks to all who helped!

--Heinrich