At 08:56 AM 06/28/2007, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2007/06/28 08:46, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> Will NEW offenders be added to /etc/tables/scanners
> as they are discovered and therefore not just remain in kernel?

No, pf does not write to files.
How about cron(8) and pfctl(8) instead?

so if it wont write to a file...I presume it blocks
whats listed in /etc/tables/scanners permanently and then only
blocks NEW offenders via kernel memory?
(can someone clarify my understanding of that?

I would ideally like to stop attacks and then write the offenders in a file
so I dont loose these during a reboot...

what if I cron something like this:

pfctl -t scanners -T show >> /etc/tables/scanners
pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf

Would that work??