Daniel Ouellet wrote:
Toni Mueller wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Tue, 29.05.2007 at 14:13:06 +0100, mark reardon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just got a x2100 M2 from Sun yesterday on a 60 day trial and am having
trouble setting the MTU on one of the bge NICs. Just some initial findings.
Not a big problem for me really.

did you get it to run OpenBSD properly? Which model do you have?

I have one as well. Some results in the archive as well, but my biggest griff with it is with the admin console for this unit. Sun really cut way to short on it to make if a decent remote admin box. Plus the share the BGE with the admin port, instead of the nVidia, witch I could do without. The box is not bad, but could be better. It's more expensive, but it make me definitely switch to the 4100 instead. I only got one, and wouldn't get an other one, unless it's not in a remote setup configuration witch is pretty rear these days.

Even the serial console is limited in operation and work until OpenBSD start when it goes dead. Then you can do some more from the Ethernet port instead, but then if you reboot the box, you loose the admin on the Ethernet port and needs to go back to the serial console.

My own feedback is not a top of the line box, but not the worst either. Just not as good as it should be for me to recommend it however. It work well in some setup, not all.

YMMV,

Daniel

I use a few of these, and second all of Daniel griffs. I use them because they are cheap, and a fairly good value.

I would recommend you take a look at the HP DL360,
one U
hardware raid
and have nice little management interface you can ssh to
which allows pretty complete console access, go into bios, watch boot messages, power set the system.