hello misc@

I am having real trouble getting my alltel based passport card to work correctly
what is happening it Dials up and associated just fine, I can ping, I
can even start a ftp but as soon as I transfer any data, the
connection appears to hang.
ppp does not drop the connection.

I am in a 1xEVDO network my alltel SID is 396 I am using PRL 40023

This device is working in Windows XP with the alltel software, using a
identical x41 tabletPC

I have 2 of these wireless modems and I swap them out neither works

I am using OpenBSD -current a fresh install with the following ppp.conf
**** Start ppp.conf ***
# Dial Alltel
default:

 set device /dev/cuaU0
 set speed 230400
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 30 \"\" \
 AT OK \
 ATZ0 OK \
 ATQ0 OK \
 ATV1 OK \
 ATE1 OK \
 AT&V OK \
 \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 70 CONNECT"
 set login
 set phone "#777"
 set authname <my # here>@alltel.com
 set authkey
 set timeout 0
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 add! default HISADDR
 enable dns

*** END ppp.conf ****

here is a dmesg

http://ralink.lesmilde.com/x41/x41-tablet.txt

also I did try to disable vjcomp in ppp.conf it did not appear to
change anything.

Thank you for any help

Sam Fourman Jr.