On 8/28/07, Dave Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We should all care, because there's actually an important question
> buried in this: to what extent is it acceptable for 'the government' to
> demand that someone make substantial or expensive changes in their life
> merely for its convenience?

In both the US and moreso in Canada, there is significant emphasis
on bilingualism, no?  The line between conforming government to the
people and people to the government is always arguable.

If anything, it says we all need to advocate free software, so that the
government can target freely available standards, instead of lining the
wallets of vendors.

Best,
Chris