"Adrian Fisher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I wish to install the system then install and use the KDE interface

You did install the *tgz parts?

If so, you should be ready to fetch and install packages such as the
various kde bits from your favorite mirror as per the FAQ's packages
section, <http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html>

> and use CVSync to update all source and follow the stable branch.  I
> am confident that if someone was to send me details of how to
> accomplish this I would be able to learn much more about the system
> and how to use it.

it's not really that hard, for sure. You may want to spend a little
time browsing the faq, for these issues the "building the system from
source" at <http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html> may be worth
reading.

Other useful alternatives for fetching source is csup (pkg_add csup)
and its ancestor cvsup.  See which one appeals to you.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/