Renaud Allard wrote:

I just have two Dell servers having broadcom netXtreme NICs with tcp offload
engine activated (and locked on on) in the bios.
I tried to use these servers to do an smtp gateway with spamd. When I activated
spamd, connecting to port 25 worked but nothing more. After scanning with
tcpdump, I saw that all packets passing through pf going to spamd and exiting
had bad tcp checksum. The machine at the other end receiving these bad tcp
checksum of course dropped them. For the moment, I solved the issue by using
Intel em NICs.
Packets passing not passing through pf had also about 50% packets with bad
checksum too.

Is there a software way to force the bnx driver to _not_ use the TCP offload
engine without recompiling the driver?

Can you please give us some details, i.e. a dmesg of that system?