Marco Peereboom wrote:
I installed FreeBSD once in my life.  Took me 3 tries and I am sure some
kittens were murdered in the process.  I am also pretty sure I wept at
some point.  Honestly I can't remember a much worse installer; maybe SCO
OpenServer but not by much.

I second that! If FreeBSD is the OP's model for positive software evolution, then I am glad that OpenBSD has left the 'archaic' installer more or less alone, and concentrated on high quality additions to the meat and potatoes of the project, namely the tools and drivers in the OS itself.

Theo was just posting about 'gimme gimme gimme culture' and look what rears up and slobbers all over this list!

Breeno