Landry Breuil schrieb:
Hi,

i'm struggling to make my ports-tree usable on all my machines, it
seems that in my configuration -maproot=root in /etc/exports doesn't
work:

on the server (4.1 stable), /etc/exports contains :
/usr/ports -maproot=root client
perms : drwxrwxr-x  47 root  wsrc  1024 Oct 18 19:40 /usr/ports

on the client (-current), /etc/fstab contains :
server:/usr/ports /usr/ports nfs rw,nosuid 0 0
perms : drwxrwxr-x  47 root  wsrc  1024 Oct 18 19:40 /usr/ports

Nfs mount works fine, showmount -a is fine (i have client:/usr/ports
line), as a normal user (i'm in wsrc group) i can create files in
remote ports-tree, but as root it seems impossible, either using sudo
touch, sudo -u root touch or su - then touch, i'm always getting
touch: /usr/ports/test: Permission denied
As ports-tree uses extensively sudo, i'm kinda blocked..

I ran tcpdump on both, and i get this error :
 19:36:40.443005 server.nfsd > client.816: xid 0x944ace5 reply ok 60
create ERROR: Permission denied

I tried with -maproot=0, -maproot=0:0 with no luck. I know this works
for many people, so what have i missed here ? btw, i restarted
portmap/nfsd/mountd, and mountd -d doesn't give errors..

Thanks for any help,

Landry
What if you share a directory on the server from a partition that has the nosuid flag set in fstab?
/dev/wd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/wd0f /home ffs rw,nodev,nosuid 1 2
/dev/wd0e /usr ffs rw,nodev 1 2
/dev/wd0g /var ffs rw,nodev,nosuid 1 2