> > > Again: set WRKOBJDIR on the client side and you don't need
> > > to be writing in the remotely mounted tree at all.

> I'm already setting WRKOBJDIR outside nfs-dir, the problem is more for
> /usr/ports/packages .. i'd like it to be shared too, to install the
> same package on various sparc64 for example. And this dir needs to be
> root-writable, as it uses sudo..

You also need to set DISTDIR and PKGREPOSITORYBASE
- see examples in the FAQ.

> And concerning http://openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#NoFun, all my boxes
> are running -current, only the server is running stable and i don't
> build anything on it (way too slow to compile)

If all your clients are running the same version of
obsd on the same architecture, then why don't you just
mirror /pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/sparc64 on
the server and export it (ro) to all the (identical)
clients to install?

(And if you have a really good reason to build from the ports,
then dedicate one of the -current sparc64's to be the build
server which exports the built .../packages to everyone else.)

> I'd put it outside nfs if i don't find a solution, but btw i'm more
> interested in understanding why -maproot=root doesn't work in my case

Send your complete server:/etc/exports, client:/etc/fstab,
verbose log of server:mountd, server:nfsd, and a full (-s 65000) tcpdump
of the communication.

        Jan