n0g0013 wrote:
On 31.10-11:12, Nick Guenther wrote:
[ ... ]
and i would suggest that the severe and prevelant attitude toward the
possibilty of poor patches or under-educated actions is the most
significant barrier to encouraging new/young developers.
Well that's the point of it; or at least, a useful side-effect.
Linux can get away with sending fanboi masses at its code because it's
fine with fanboi masses poking at all parts of the kernel, no matter
how secure it may be. Right?

i think we'll simply agree to disagree.  i personally find it quite
disheartening to hear the attitude that prevails here but that's the
community's decision.  it certainaly seems to refelect the attitute
of it's leaders (developers).

Consider it the voice of experience (bitter).

Its easy to tell which ones are the programmers.

They write code, then they submit it, it does not suck too much and they
take the suggestions of the current project leads. Then they resubmit better code.

The rest of us should simply buy CD's, ask and answer the occasional question, and other wise keep quiet.

When you run a Data Centre, that has thousands of users serving tens of thousands of customers who need medical services on a 24 hour basis, you will miss the hand holding and warm friendly thoughts less; and appreciate the complete documentation and conformity to that documentation way way WAY more.

BTW I was a Linux user from kernel .92 ( that is some time in 1994 ) through 2.6. Trying to run that professionally was always fun and exciting. Man I don't miss that.