Hi James.
Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of timeout, retry, reboot (to minimize startup hangs),
initial-interval and link-timeout (the PROTOCOL TIMING section).

As I understand dhclient.conf(5), the man page deals with system wide
settings for these items but does not explain the per interface use (e.g.
in the 'EXAMPLES' section).
I expect to see something like:
interface wi0 {
timeout 10
retry 10
}

BTW, this is for wireless (dropping out).
In other words, lease extents (which I would define on the dhcp server)
probably won't help here.

Best wishes,
David