On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:23:52PM +0300, Nickolay A. Burkov wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Do somebody have success with 5.1 sound ?
> If so, please recommend PCI Sound Card to work with OpenBSD 4.2(-CURRENT).
>
> I have MARC'ed a bit but similar messages were > 1 year ago.
> I'd like to think that something have been changed..

currently there is nearly no support for more than two channel
audio; supported cards that can do 5.1 will run in 2 channel mode
(ie stereo)

imho cmpci(4) and uaudio(4) cards are the easyer to make work in >2
channel mode, recent sound blaster cards are unlikly to get a
working driver soon.

-- Alexandre