On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Nickolay A. Burkov wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Do somebody have success with 5.1 sound ?
> If so, please recommend PCI Sound Card to work with OpenBSD
> 4.2(-CURRENT).
>
> I have MARC'ed a bit but similar messages were > 1 year ago.
> I'd like to think that something have been changed..
>
> Thank you for your time.

For some strange reason I recall reading about some work being done on
the Sound Blaster "Audigy" cards. Many of those cards are 5.1, 6.1 or
7.1 surround sound.

A quick search on "openbsd audigy" shows we've had support since 3.9 but
I'm not sure if this includes the surround sound features, or if it's
just two channel?

kind regards,
JCR