Delurk

If the guest computer (your OpenBSD machine) is running in the context of
the user who starts it on the host, then when that user logs off the vmware
host the guest computer will shutoff.

In order for it to be available at all times, it should be running in the
local system context OR a specially created user. Then it runs regardless of
the login status of the person who clicks the start button on the vmware
console.

Lurk

Henry