No, I think you missed the point of the article.  It's trying to say
that you retain copyright like a sticky booger.  Merely saying 'this
stuff is in public domain now' is not enough to make it so.

Strangely, it appears that you have no right put something in the
public domain, it just happens 70 years after you die.  (Copyright
lawyers feel free to chime in here)

Unfortunately for fans of djb, I think this means the license issue is
still hanging tough.

-B