Von: "Stijn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet: 29.11.07 22:40:22
An: holger glaess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Betreff: Re: ilo (ipmi) and serial console redirection

Hi,

At the boot> prompt can you enter "set tty com2"? Does it redirect
correctly now? If so add the command to /etc/boot.conf.

You have to take care on how to setup the ilo in bios. I don't have a
system around here, but I remember openbsd and ilo fighting over a com
port. Setting the correct bios settings allowed me to redirect console
to a specific com port.

HTH,
Stijn

holger glaess wrote:
> hi
>
> i try to setup the last days the console redirection on al HP DL 145 G2
with ipmi board ( ilo standard )

> the most works i see the post bios output and the first lines of der boot
console of openbsd but there is a first error message
> that the com0 is not aviable and this ist true.
>
> the ipmi / ilo hardware together with the hp box redirect everything to com2
and it is not possible to chnage the com port by hardware.

> is there an existing solution to change the existing limit of openbsd that h
is able to use other com ports than com0 .