You said "Real men don't attack straw men". Yet this is *EXACTLY* what
    you are now doing. You continue to repeatedly write that OpenBSD
    recommends the ports system to its users, *which it does not*. Let me
    say that once again: OpenBSD recommends that EVERYBODY USE PACKAGES,
    NOT THE PORTS TREE.

OpenBSD distributes the ports tree.  In my book, that's recommending
all the programs that are in it, referring people to those programs.

I believe what you say about the other facts, but those facts don't
override these facts.  For instance, the statement urging people to
use the binary packages doesn't cancel out the fact that the ports
tree refers them to the non-free programs.

The statement, as you quoted it, does not say "Never use the ports!"
Obviously the ports are provided so people can use them.  The statement
urges people to try the binary packages first.  That makes sense,
but it isn't relevant to this question.

    conversation, where I will be happy to explain to you exactly the
    nature of the OpenBSD ports and packages systems. But let's do that
    off-list,

Ok, let's do so.

    But I would also like you to answer my emails, especially this one:
    http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119741909911558&w=2

I have no obligation to answer each and every message that people
post, or address every issue anyone else raises.  Some issues don't
seem to need answers.

However, because of your offer, I will send mail to try to find the
message that URL refers to, and then send you a private answer if I
have not posted one already.