> >     Users who can no invest the effort learn enough to use a
> > simple interface do not deserve a reliable operating system. They
> > deserve windows, and they deserve pop up buttong in their browsers
> > that they click ok blindly for everything.

I couldn't agree more, people expect that they will have to take some
time to learn to ride a bike, operate a car, cook a new dish, and etc.
 But by god their computer better just work.  I started out "life" as
a pc tech at a large company, i can't tell you the number of times
i've heard "but i don't want to learn how to do it" or "i just can't
understand computers" or "I shouldn't have to learn how to do it, it
should be eaiser" and we weren't talking about developing a diff for
the kernel then rebuilding the entire base system from source, it was
typically something simple like changing the background color in a
power point presentation.

-Josh