On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> Richard, you are a total hypocrite.  You are in here creating a fuss about
> our software, saying it is non-free, when you are doing exactly the same
> thing yourself.

Put another way:

        The presence of an OpenBSD port entry for "opera" encourages
the wider use of OpenBSD and all the other free software that implies.

        The presence of a port of gcc to Windoze encourages the
development of software, free and otherwise, for Windoze, encouraging
the wider use of Windoze and all the "unfree" software that Windoze
implies.

A good example of the second case is the encouragement to use Windoze
that the gcc-enabled port of Mozilla-* to Windoze has almost certainly
caused.  I would use the lousy and dangerous behavior of I.E. as an
advocacy talking-point to lure Windoze users away from their drug.
Mozilla-* has weakened that talking-point.

I like opensource, free software.  I'll continue to support the OS
and userland that best advances that cause.  That would be OpenBSD.

Dave
--
                          I told you so.
                                  -- Cassandra