On 12 Dec 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It takes me 3 or 4 startx's before I get a KDE screen that looks
> normal.  When it looks bad, the terminal background is black and other
> contrast problems exist.  Other times it simply locks up in the middle
> of starting up.
>
> Has any one else had these problems?

I run KDE on a thinkpad-t43 (-current), and don't have this problem.
Could it be an X11 problem with color-depth?

--
Regards,
Bill Karh

Thanks for the advice.  I will try 16 bits.  I am at 24 by default.
But this is not a KDE issue.  It happens on Windowmaker too.
But it would pretty lame if I couldn't run my system at 24 bit depth.

Rob.

--
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free
our minds"  Bob Marley, Redemption Song