> running non-GPL-covered software?  Not I.  I frequently run OpenSSH,
    > whose license is not the GNU GPL, and is incompatible with the GPL (if
    > my memory serves).

    Richard,
    please stop spreading lies (or looking like a fool) by not doing research.

    The license of OpenSSH is here:
    http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/ssh/LICENCE?rev=HEAD
    According to
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
    this is GPL-compatible (modified BSD license or better).

Thanks for correcting me about that point.  I was not sure about it,
which is why I said "(if my memory serves)" in the text you quoted.

What puzzles me is why you think this mistake was a lie, or that it
might make me "look like a fool".  People normally don't call someone
a liar, or a fool, because of a little (and tangential) mistake like
this.