On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 07:36:47PM +0100, Jan wrote:

> I would suggest to remove all window managers from base except twm.
> Twm is in all default X installations and could be left in as last
> resort. When someone needs a window manager, he can install it from
> repo or ports, but it should not be as now, that a 'left over' which
> is much to old, full of bugs and unmaintained, can be used on the
> 'most secure operating system ever'.

If this is a true issue that applies to OBSD rather than a non-issue
because of custom fixes applied by OBSD, the I would suggest that there
be a more configurable wm other than twm in base.  The reason is
simple.  Anything in base has a good security audit done.  Things in
ports/packages don't.  Personally, I use icewm since its quite
light-weight yet configurable to some extent (e.g. menu and taskbar).

Doug.