Hi there,

On 30/12/2007, Jan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would suggest to remove all window managers from base except twm. Twm is in
> all default  X installations and could be left in as last resort.

Cwm is very good, but there are some bugs in that too. I notice that
if you hide a window so the pointer falls onto the root window and
then try to search for a window (alt+/ if i remember correctly), then
the search menu is not displayed.To make it start working again one
must move the mouse pointer over a window.

> I hope someone will lead this issue to the people taking decisions about what
> should be > in and what not, resulting in or updating or removing fvwm.

Many people know and love fvwm. I think they may have something to say
about removing it.

> Pau Wrote
> please, don't touch fvwm 2.2.5... it's just perfect... not in vain
> it's the default wm in obsd... Don't touch iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Is there anything up with newer versions then? Why should it not be
brought up to date?

> Douglas Wrote
> Personally, I use icewm since its quite
> light-weight yet configurable to some extent (e.g. menu and taskbar).

But no-where as minimal as anything in base. Icewm links imlib, which
would mean importing GPL software into base (big no no). Also it would
make base larger.

I must admit I use a GPL licensed window manager (JWM), but it was my
decision to install it from packages, so it is not a problem.

--
Best Regards

Edd

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett