On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:51:39PM +0530, Karthik Kumar wrote:
> > Then you are misunderstanding OpenBSD's goals which are clearly stated
> > at the link I provided you and that you obviously failed to read.
> >

> I understand the goals that are not written on that page: do what you
> like and fight for what you believe in. Goals are just text written in
> a stupid web page until you live up to them.

You are spouting non-sense. These are goals we fight for and believe in.
It is only from the eyes of a fsf zealot that words are meant to be
twisted. Again: show us all where we are doing the opposite of what is
written in these pages.

> > > Yawn. And it makes the flash installation faster after you've built it
> > > from the CVS.
> > >

> > We do not provide flash, we provide a Makefile which will allow someone to
> > install flash if he wants to. This Makefile is not even part of the system
> > and needs to be fetched manually by the user. This is *NOT* against goals,
> > which you do not want to read.
> >

> I use ports. I am not dumb. :P The goals do not specify "to encourage
> people to use
> non-free software", but I see that happening anyway.

The goals do not specify "prevent users from running non-free software".
The goals do not mention anything about what people ought to do with our
software, we are NOT the fucking FSF.

> > Please stop making uninformed claims, read the goals and policy page which
> > are accessible from the very home page of the project.
>
> I am not uninformed. What makes you say that? You, sir are biased
> towards OpenBSD
> and you can say what you want but it doesn't make your version of the
> truth any better.

You are misinformed because you keep arguing about things as if they are
wrong, yet they are only wrong from an FSF point of view. It is not wrong
and unethical to run proprietary software, I do it every day and I do not
feel wrong about it. It is only unethical in the eyes of a fsf zealot.

Please point out where OpenBSD is in breach with its goals and license.

> > You failed to read two pages and to point out where we are going against
> > our own claims. My call: troll.
> >

> Your own claims?
>
> 1. (Try to be the #1 most secure operating system). Google for adobe
> flash player vulnerabilities.

OpenBSD does not ship with a flash player. If you have one, you installed
it yourself as I don't have one.

> 2. Do not let serious problems sit unsolved. I see that you people
> only fight about it and pretend it has never been a problem.

Show us a sitting problem that needs to be resolved, until know you have
been talking and failed to point out anything I kindly asked you to point.

--
Gilles Chehade