Hey young man,

On 1/6/08 8:31 AM, Karthik Kumar wrote:

OpenBSD got pwned a year ago with another remote hole.

There was a second remote hole, it's pretty sure nobody in the industry has misused it.

Can you give us numbers of your favourite OS?

I hope they find enough so they can stop bragging about 'Secure by default'.

Hope... And of course =other= people should find them?

You seem from the same church as RMS...

OpenBSD is by all standards secure by default, even if the next 10 years another 2 or even 4 remote holes would be found.

By the way, you can just start working on it and everyone here would love you. Not because we like you but because we don't like such holes.

Do you realize that many people just can not live with 'default'?

We all realize everyone is different and certainly not a copy of your pope.

So only the truly necessary is on and you can add what you need with extremely little effort, and risk of course!

Look: people do "use" OpenBSD for things other than plain old fvwm
with xterm. And keeping security as a goal is not just for a stupid
dubious marketing campaign.

Without security as a main issue during development software that has to be connected to the internet is not usable.

Your pope Richard Stallman =says= gNewSense is to his standards, but you need perhaps 200+ good, experienced, and dedicated developers to get Ubuntu to his prayers within 1 or 2 years.

I strongly believe gNewSense has not one such a developer seriously busy with cleaning Ubuntu since it's clearly a waste of time. Not at least since Debian is a better start and OpenBSD is clear since quite some time.

gNewSense can be put in the graveyard besides The Hurt and quite a few other old prayers of Richard.

You know what? There are people here who started to dig the hole for GCC too, indeed little chance they will succeed but far more chance than gNewSence getting up to Richards prayers.

+++chefren