On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:51:39PM +0530, Karthik Kumar wrote:
> > Then you are misunderstanding OpenBSD's goals which are clearly stated
> > at the link I provided you and that you obviously failed to read.
> >

> I understand the goals that are not written on that page: do what you
> like and fight for what you believe in. Goals are just text written in
> a stupid web page until you live up to them.

And we do unlike some netcook who likes to twist words.

> > > Yawn. And it makes the flash installation faster after you've built it
> > > from the CVS.
> > >

> > We do not provide flash, we provide a Makefile which will allow someone to
> > install flash if he wants to. This Makefile is not even part of the system
> > and needs to be fetched manually by the user. This is *NOT* against goals,
> > which you do not want to read.
> >

> I use ports. I am not dumb. :P The goals do not specify "to encourage
> people to use
> non-free software", but I see that happening anyway.

You do?

What does that make you?  You are the one making the decision to install
it.  If you can use the ports system you probably know at a high level
what you are doing.  You might or might not care about "free" (your
definition) or "non-free" (again your definition) software.  You are
calling that person retarded and unable to make up his/her own mind.
That attitude is repugnant and oppressive.  I hope for you that your
freedom won't be taken from you and that someone calls you retarded for
making your own decisions.

> > Please stop making uninformed claims, read the goals and policy page which
> > are accessible from the very home page of the project.
>
> I am not uninformed. What makes you say that? You, sir are biased
> towards OpenBSD
> and you can say what you want but it doesn't make your version of the
> truth any better.
>

> > You failed to read two pages and to point out where we are going against
> > our own claims. My call: troll.
> >

> Your own claims?
>
> 1. (Try to be the #1 most secure operating system). Google for adobe
> flash player vulnerabilities.

Which doesn't run on OpenBSD but does run on Linux.  Oh oh wait,
GNU/Linux because FSF did all the work; oh wait it didn't it is just a
farce.

> 2. Do not let serious problems sit unsolved. I see that you people
> only fight about it and pretend it has never been a problem.

It isn't a problem and until you get that through your skull you'll keep
parroting one FSF representative.