On Jan 12, 2008 9:01 PM, Jan Stary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was testing the watchdog-enabled kernel on my ALIX.1C in October for
> Marc Balmer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - he's the guy you want to contact.
> basically, the timer got correctly detected, but didn't really work
> - both before and after upgrading the ALIX firmware.
>
> I will test again when I get me a new ALIX.2C3 some weeks from now.

After running a few tests with the watchdog on two ALIX2C3, I can
confirm that the hardware watchdog works fine using the GENERIC kernel
from the latest -current snapshot with BIOS 0.99.

To test, I have simpley disabled tickling by the kernel:
  sysctl kern.watchdog.auto=0
The watchdog bites within 30 seconds which is the default
kern.watchdog.period=30

Running the userspace tickler watchdogd, which implicitly disables
kern.watchdog.auto, successfully prevents the watchdog from biting, as
it should be. Thanks to marc@ et al. who implemented & extended
glxpcib for ALIX!

Rolf