[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi everybody,

I don't know if it's known but there's a online petition for VIA.
Hopefully some people sign up and name also OpenBSD (in the
"optional"-section).

It's about VIAs policy with docs/drivers and the lies they spread (about
"supporting Opensouce").

Link:
http://www.petitiononline.com/vialinux/petition.html

Kind regards,
Sebastian

I still say the best petition is to avoid buying VIA products - and then post about it in a public forum, list the alternatives you chose for your task, and send the link to VIA. If enough people would follow this simple process then Via would react.

The TdR method is also sometimes effective, but it seems to have diminishing returns the larger the target corporation.

I haven't seen or heard of a single company being persuaded by an online petition. That's not to say that it couldn't or hasn't happened - I've just never heard of it. You would think that people would hear more about them if online petitions of companies were indeed successful.

Corporations are concerned with one thing - profit. Take from their profit, be vocal about the reasons in a public forum while listing alternatives (both of which also threaten their profit), and make the corporation aware of it. They will then be forced to address the situation or continue to risk a negative and public boycott.

Breeno