Nick Holland wrote:
The amd64 4G issue is a limitation of the platform...at the moment.  It
is being worked on, slowly, but there be dragons, and they all have to
be slain.

Nick.
I see. Just for my personal reference, was this limitation documented somewhere (just want to make sure I didn't miss anything)...?

If not, should it be?

Finally, did this limitation always exist? I do recall several other posters mentioning that they had similar configurations that _did_ work, but this was about a year back. Perhaps one or two of them didn't realize that only 4gb were usable, but it seems unlikely that _none_ of them realized it.

-ml