Mike Larkin wrote:
> Travers Buda wrote
>>> The developers need hardware to tackle this.
>>>

> It may be possible for me to loan out this hardware. Where is it needed,
> and for how long?
>
> An private reply is probably better here as to not spam the list.
>
> -ml

no, it's a fair question that others may have.

IN GENERAL, developers have stated they don't care much for loans. Not
too hard to see why.  Relatively few things are "get it, look at it,
add a few lines of code and never touch that code again".  Rarely is
the first version of code the last version of code.  Things will
come up in the future which may impact old code, and will need to be
tested.

Plus, there is something motivating about having something of yours
just sits there and waiting to be used and abused...less tantalizing
when you got to give it back.

> I see. Just for my personal reference, was this limitation documented
> somewhere (just want to make sure I didn't miss anything)...?
>
> If not, should it be?

It should probably be in faq12.html.  Not something my $100US Sempron64
ever really had to worry about. :)

Nick.