On Feb 13, 2008 6:59 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm no coding guru but I know basics about race conditions. what I don't
> know is why other OSs don't have these problems or how these things can

I think the basic issue boils down to the following:

1)  lack of complete thread support right now:  the developers are still
working on finishing up the work.
2)  lack of tuits to take on a major change for not really any major
perceived gains:  this is not an itch any of the developers currently have.
3)  it's complicated, and they want to make sure everything works before
doing it

and probably a little bit of - openbsd is known for its security, but the
last security vulnerability was related to openssh.  The developers are
probably be a little more concerned about taking things in the direction of
_well-known_ issues

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk