Hi,

Trying to install 4.2-release (and snapshot) on an IBM xServer 345 with ServeRaid/5i controller.

I've used the Linux based bootable CD from IBM and created an array with RAID1 Everything seems fine but when I boot up the OpenBSD cd it does not see any disks.

dmesg shows:

pci5 at pchb7 bus 8
"IBM ServeRAID" rev 0x00 at pci5 dev 2 function 0 not configured

Reading the man page for ips(4) I read this:

-----

Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the driver makes
them look just like SCSI controllers.  All RAID configuration is done
through the controllers' BIOSes.

-----

Can anyone shine some light on how to actually make this controller work with OpenBSD?
Or am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks!

Matt