Fredrik Hansson schreef:
Matt wrote:
Can anyone shine some light on how to actually make this controller work with OpenBSD?
Or am I overlooking something obvious?

ips is not included in the ramdisk kernels.

I had the same problem and my solution was to copy the two lines for ips from /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC to /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/RAMDISC_CD and then build a release.

--

Fredrik

Thanks, that worked.

I had never build a release before so I did it as described in the FAQ [1] on a different non-important machine, including a complete build of the userland binaries. Then I build a release from that. Eventually I did end up with the ips(4) enabled cd42.iso in the /usr/rel directory.

Reading release(8) I could not find if there was a shortcut in doing this?
Could one just build parts of the system needed for cd42.iso ?

Thanks again,
Matt

[1] http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html