> The ISC made a benchmark of BIND on serval platforms.
>  OpenBSD outperforms Windows but is the slowest (compared to Linux, fBSD,
>  nBSD and Solaris!) of the other tested OSs. :-/

Yeah, comparatively, OpenBSD's performance isn't so hot in that
benchmark.  But how many sites get even over 10,000 authoritative
queries per second?

Our network isn't huge (several million HTTP requests per day), but a
brief look at our logs shows we get on the order of 30 queries per
second across our two DNS servers.  From their numbers, our DNS
traffic could grow 1000 fold before that's the limiting factor.

Do other sites have disproportionately more DNS traffic for their
network size than this?