On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 02:46:41AM -0700, Predrag Punosevac sez:
> Denny White wrote:

> >For the last couple of days I've tried everything I can think of to
> >make XForwarding work with ssh. As per the FAQ, I have set it like so:
> >

> >In sshd_config
> >
> >X11Forwarding yes
> >

> >In ssh_config
> >
> >ForwardAgent yes
> >ForwardX11 yes
> >
> >I can use it passably well in one direction from a box across the
> >room to the one I do most of my work on. But, when I try it from
> >this box to the one across the room, I get the xauth error message
> >along with all typed characters doubled on the screen. I went ahead
> >anyway and typed 'display somefile.jpg' just to see what I'd get &
> >got this:
> >
> >Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
> >Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> >display: unable to open X server `localhost:10.0'.
> >
> >I've read the man page on xauth(1) and experimented with its
> >commands. I've even wiped out the .Xauthority file on both boxes
> >and restarted X, to no avail. Possibly I should mention too, that
> >I boot on both boxes to a xdm login. I don't know if that would
> >have any bearing on the problem or not. Thanks for any help I
> >can get on this.
>
> What happens when you try to do the following?
>

> Try to do remote login with as follows
> ssh -Y [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I get this:

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
forwarding.

And, everything I type at the prompt is doubled.

> you should be now in the shell on the remote host
>
> try to start x client like xdvi or xfig or something like emacs by
> typing xdvi
>
> If xdvi pops up that means that the client is running on the remote host
> but it is displayer on the local X server

Okay, if after getting in I try to open something like xzgv, I get:

Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: localhost:10.0

Like I said earlier, I read the man page too on xauth & tried
sending

xauth extract - $DISPLAY | rsh otherhost xauth merge -

but it doesn't appear to help. I still get the error messages
and double typed characters.

--

Denny White

All messages scanned by ClamAssassin
http://jameslick.com/clamassassin/
GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A
iD8DBQFHxo5uy0Ty5RZE55oRAu+XAJ9PrA3/AhZ5zYexks6a6/XUpudTrACgt5sZ
9LnpJQFQep+KuG3zqqA/hV4=
=ceCs
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----