> For the sake of new folks it may be wise to put a .cvsignore in
 > our /usr/src tree to prevent unintended cosequences of using the (also
 > suggested) prune switch on cvs (-P).

-P will only remove EMPTY directories that cvs knows about.   Putting
xenocara (or in my case zenocara and ports) in /usr/src is pretty much
a no-op when it comes to cvs.   A "cd /usr/src; cvs up -Pd" displays
"? xenocara".  I can live with that.

 > When following anoncvs.html, if a new person goes to update
 > their /usr/src tree, they would thwack their /usr/src/xenocara tree.

If the directory isn't empty it isn't thwacked
If the directory isn't known by CVS it isn't thwacked.

// marc