>> I had a similar problem with an older but similar Broadcom card because
>> it was sharing an interrupt with something else (this was about 6mo
>> back, using 4.0). If you'd like, I can try to dig up my notes on what I
>> did to fix it.
>>

> If it's no trouble, that would be great.  I would much prefer not to have to
> buy another card...
>
> Thanx in advance!

It was a machine that had 2 bcm4307s, but I'm questioning my own notes
here as it seems unlikely that a wireless only card (thats what they
were) would be using a 4307 as that one apparently also includes LAN
features. The cards were just two 'flea market specials'. I had to
resort to physically moving the cards around in the machine to avoid
using the same int line ( I think this was an early P3 box iirc, like
yours ).

I'm not 100% certain that the chip number is right, but they were
definitely broadcom 43xx.

Looking back, it's possible that the cards were interfering with one
another and perhaps separating them in the machine also helped. However,
I explicitly noted that the irq changed when the cards were moved.

Hope that helps.

-ml