Hi folks,
I'm reading a book on network security and it mentions "proxy
firewalls", so I'm wondering if an OpenBSD box with Squid installed
would fit this description? Or, are there other "proxy firewalls" the
author is referring to?

The book mentions that although "proxy firewalls" tend to slow traffic
down, they are much more secure than a typical, "statefull packet
filtering" firewall. He says they will ignore the typical "network
discovery" methods, i.e. nmap, etc., etc.

As a matter of curiosity, has anyone ran an nmap scan against an
OpenBSD box with Squid? What did the scan results indicate?

Thank you,
Ed