I have not yet fully researched the PF functionality of OpenBSD, so
I'm therefore guessing that the PF feature adds "stateful packet
inspection" to an OpenBSD box.

With that assumption, I guess I'm thinking PF and Squid (which works
at the application layer of the OSI stack) would make a pretty
formidable firewall.

I wonder if PF would analyze the incoming data stream first and then
Squid, or would that be Squid first and then PF?

Ed