On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 01:34:24PM +0100, Pau Amaro-Seoane wrote:
> ok, I have to apologise.
>
> I don't mean to be unpolite but, please understand me:
>
> I don't think there exists another OS as OpenBSD. It's unique.
>
> I am afraid that the more popular it will become, the more thingies
> new users will ask for. And complication leads to... well, see linux
> and other OS. That's why I got so nervous when I saw people asking for
> webcam support.

I don't think that any OBSD user want to see security be compromised.
However, perhaps there's a developer with a webcam itch that doesn't
have an ACPI itch.  If that developer knows that there are others who
would find it useful, they may be more likely to scratch their itch.
Once you get the base webcam support then many applications that rely on
it could be scratched by people who are not comfortable with
kernel-level scratching, or there could be ports that don't requrire
much scratching to then work on OBSD.

> I love OpenBSD because it is exactly what I would like to see from an OS.
> And I think there are many other things that need support, like ACPI.
> It's not trivial and it's only partially supported by other OS.

I love OpenBSD because it is the only modern OS that will run on my old
boxes.  They don't have ACPI.

> That's all. Sorry about that and... cheers
>
> Pau

Doug.