Sunnz wrote:
> ... things like Skype would be nice to communicate ...

*Like* skype but *not* actually skype itself, please.

Skype is neither open source nor open protocol.  Two strikes.  It's got
a rather bad security history.  Three strikes.

Try for FOSS programs, but if you can't do that, then at least use an
open protocol so that those in your social network can at least choose.
 SIP is one such protocol.

It's not in any stretch of the imagination a priority for me, but not
something I can help with except maybe for testing.  If you get that
far, I'll try it.  A web cam would be a nice addition to an embedded
system or a desktop.

Regards,
-Lars