Philipp Winter wrote:

> Hi,

> I did not find a file on the OpenBSD mirrors which contains a digital

> signature for the 'MD5' files which are placed in the platform specific

> directories (e.g.: ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.2/i386/).

> Is there no way to verify the authenticity of the installation files?

> Thanks,

> Philipp

Huh?, ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.2/i386/MD5 seems to contain all the
proper MD5's... if your mirror matches the ones at the official site, that
seems to prove they're genuine.

The OpenBSD team takes security pretty seriously. ;) - digitally signing the
MD5 file is a bit much though... don't ya think? =|

If you're still paranoid, perhaps you request that release announcement emails
should contain the "official" MD5's of the base files... perhaps Theo could
send it for kicks.. lmao

-Nix Fan.