On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Nikns Siankin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I did not find a file on the OpenBSD mirrors which contains a digital
>  >> signature for the 'MD5' files which are placed in the platformspecific
>  >> directories (e.g.: ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.2/i386/).
>  >>
>  >> Is there no way to verify the authenticity of the installation files?
>  >

> >No, there is no way.
>
>  You see how openbsd cares about secure distribution ;]
>
>  Even if you trust your postman, using already outdated stuff
>  will not help you stay secure ;]

Here's the thing... even if the developers are going to go to the
trouble of setting up a PKI infrastructure for code signing, are you
going to check two forms of government issued ID for each of the
developers?

Code signing gives no benefit without a trust network.

--
Michael Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>